Saturday, 18 April 2009

I have been a teacher

I have been a teacher for a very long time. I entered as a teacher a classroom in 1970, when I was 22 years old. I still remember the difficulty to convince the students that I was not a fellow willing to play :-)

At the very beginning I tried to replicate the methodoly I experimented as a student: to pass/transmit information/knowledge to the students and to check they have received (they are able to repeat).
But soon I started to change methodology. Years and years before to know constructivism I stressed the use of laboratory and project activities to stimulate student - starting from a problem to be solved, a result to be achieved - to investigate, to experiment, to discuss.
My teacher role was to propose experiences, to suggest paths, to give assistance. Not an instructor, rather a coach or a facilitator.

Is for such a reason that I involved myself in organising also experiences out of the school: working experiences, students exchanges and working experiences abroad (WEST project).

No comments: