I have enroled in the online course CCK08, "Connectivism and Connective Knowledge", organised by George Siemens & Stephen Downes (Canada) wich will start September 7.
It's "a twelve week course that will explore the concepts of connectivism and connective knowledge and explore their application as a framework for theories of teaching and learning".
People that, like me, don't require a final certification can enrole freely.
This is the program:
- Week 1: What is Connectivism?
- Week 2: Rethinking epistemology: Connective knowledge
- Week 3: Properties of Networks
- Week 4: History of networked learning
- Week 5: Connectives and Collectives: Distinctions between networks and groups
- Week 6: Complexity, Chaos and Research
- Week 7: Instructional design and connectivism
- Week 8: Power, control, validity, and authority in distributed environments
- Week 9: What becomes of the teacher? New roles for educators
- Week 10: Openness: social change and future directions
- Week 11: Systemic change: How do institutions respond?
- Week 12: The Future of Connectivism